Hello Everyone,
I have just entered in the wonderful world of blogs. As the title implies, I will be posting some of my thoughts from the Holy Bible from time to time. Actually, I had been doing this on a regular basis on my computer and decided to post them. Placing these thoughts on a blog would be one way for me to recall them and it would also be an excellent opportunity for others to dig deeper into God's Word.
I hope these blogs will be an inspiration to everyone who reads them. These may be my thoughts, but to be honest, they come from God. I am not that smart (hence the name Simple Thoughts from Scripture). Let me start with the first Scripture. Of course many people quote it, but how many of us really think about it:
God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die.
(John 3:16 CEV)
God loves the people of this world – every one of us. God loves us so much that He gave a way for us to live for eternity. God wants me and you to live forever. But God did not make it easy. He knows it is hard. He knows that we sin. He knows that we screw up. And He knows that He can’t let people like that hang out with Him forever. Why can’t God allow sin with Him in Heaven? It is because God is unique and pure. We are not by nature pure – we screw up, we make mistakes, we don’t do what God tells us is good to do. So God has to change that. So instead of making us sacrifice ourselves to take away our stains, He made His Son do it.
Now think about that for a moment. God loves me so much that He made a way for me to live forever and never die. When I think about that, it blows my mind. That to me shows me that God has lots of love for me. He really cares for me. It is hard for me to remind myself that God loves me. But He does. He loves me and He loves you. But this verse gives a condition for eternal life. I must have faith (or trust) in God’s Son. Jesus Christ is God’s Son. He died for me and He came alive again for me so that I may live forever.
Now think about that for a moment. Jesus died for me so that I can live forever with God. So God loves me, and Jesus loves me. This helps me when days are hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment